A seller-generated document that authorizes sale of the specified item(s), issued after receipt of a customer's purchase order. A sales order usually implies that there will be no additional labor or material cost incurred for the sale, except where it is used to initiate a production process.
A sales order is an internal document of the company, meaning it is generated by the company itself. A sales order should record the customer's originating purchase order which is an external document. Rather than using the customer's purchase order document, an internal sales order form allows the internal audit control of completeness to be monitored. A sequential sales order number may be used by the company for its sales order documents. The customer's PO is the originating document which triggers the creation of the sales order. A sales order, being an internal document, can therefore contain many customer purchase orders under it. In a manufacturing environment, a sales order can be converted into a work order to show that work is about to begin to manufacture, build or engineer the products the customer wants.
- How to Create Sales Order?
- How to Edit Sales Order?
- How to Delete Sales Order?
How to Create Sales Order?
- In the Entry menu, select Sales Order.
- Then Click Add New(+ Button).
- Type Order No.
- Select Date.
- Select Expiry Date.
- Type Currency Name. How to create Currency.
- Type Currency Rate.
- Select Status.
- Type Ledger Name. How to Create Ledger.
- In Item Detail Type Item Name, Quantity, Rate & Value.
- Type Note.
- Then click Save.
How to Edit Sales Order?
- Click on the Sales Order which you want to edit.
- Then Click Edit Button.
- Update Order No.
- Change Date.
- Change Expiry Date.
- Update Currency Name. How to create Currency.
- Update Currency Rate.
- Update Status.
- Update Ledger Name. How to Create Ledger.
- In Item Detail Update Item Name, Quantity, Rate & Value.
- Update Note.
- Then click Save.
How to Delete Sales Order?
1. Click Delete button on the Sales Order which you want to Delete.
2. Click Delete.